This information is added by users of ASN. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information.
If you feel this information is incomplete or incorrect, you can submit corrected information
Narrative:Jodel D.9 Bebe G-BGFJ: Written off (damaged beyond repair) 18 July 2020 when crashed shortly after take off from Kingstanding Airfield, near Ascott under Wychwood, Oxfordshire. The AAIB conducted a correspondence only investigation, and the following is an excerpt from it:
|Date:||Saturday 18 July 2020|
Jodel D.9 Bebe
|Fatalities:||Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 1|
|Aircraft damage:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Location:||Kingstanding Airfield, near Ascott under Wychwood, Oxfordshire -
|Phase:|| Initial climb|
|Departure airport:||Kingstanding Airfield, near Ascott under Wychwood, Oxfordshire|
|Confidence Rating:|| Information verified through data from accident investigation authorities|
"The pilot took off in a crosswind and encountered sink. He successfully avoided a tree on the extended centre line, however the aircraft did not climb and landed in a field, and then rolled over".
Damage sustained to airframe was presumably extensive, as the registration G-BGFJ was cancelled, and the aircraft de-registered by the CAA on 2 November 2020 as "destroyed"
Ascott-under-Wychwood is a village and civil parish in the Evenlode valley about 4.5 miles (7 km) south of Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England at approximate coordinates: 51.872°N 1.565°W
1. AAIB Correspondence Report: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/aaib-record-only-investigations-september-october-2020/aaib-record-only-investigations-reviewed-september-october-2020
2. CAA (History 1978-1993): https://cwsprduksumbraco.blob.core.windows.net/g-info/HistoricalLedger/G-BGFJ.pdf
3. G-BGFJ at Sywell (EGBK) 2 September 2018: https://www.airhistory.net/photo/154232/G-BGFJ
4. Various photos of G-BFGJ 1982-2018: https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/G-BGFJ
5. G-BFGJ at Turweston (EGBT) 30-4-2017: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8574628
G-BGFJ Jodel D.9 Bebe at Sywell (EGBK) 01/09/2018:
||Dr. John Smith
||Dr. John Smith
||Updated [Source, Embed code, Narrative]|