ASN logo
ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 68028
Last updated: 18 November 2021
This information is added by users of ASN. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information. If you feel this information is incomplete or incorrect, you can submit corrected information.

Type:Silhouette image of generic B735 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different
Boeing 737-500
Owner/operator:Garuda Indonesia Airways
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 103
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage: None
Location:12 Minutes after Take Off -   Indonesia
Phase: En route
Departure airport:Pontianak-Supadio Airport
Destination airport:Jakarta-Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Pilot of Garuda Indonesia Airlines, Captain Sri Hardono, who died after his plane landed at Pontianak Airport, Monday (22/11) morning pernyakit allegedly attacked the heart. Dugaan ini sesuai hasil pemeriksaan dr. These allegations fit results dr. Damianus dari Rumah Sakit Antonius Pontianak. Damian from Pontianak Antonius Hospital.

When the incident, Captain of Sri was flying Boeing 737 series 500 Pontianak-Jakarta department carrying 103 passengers. Flight GA 501 was departing from Supadio Airport, Pontianak, at 08.36 pm. Sri Hardono had a chance to fly a plane for 12 minutes to Jakarta, but then complained pain.

The flight was not until half way because Pontianak-Jakarta ordinary traveled about 70 minutes. Because of that, he immediately reported his condition to Supadio Airport and decided to return to Pontianak. "The possibility that time they have been almost in mid-journey, but because the estimated distance to the closer Pontianak, the plane eventually be returned to Pontianak," said Branch Angkasa Pura II of Pontianak, Syamsul Bachri, told reporters.

The aircraft successfully landed at Supadio Airport well. All the passengers that consists of 87 adults, nine children, and seven infants survived. Although the health condition of Captain Sri worse, Syamsul said, he still controlled flight until landing on the runway Supadio. Arriving at the end of runway, the engines turned off. Pilot, co-pilot Aditya Adiyanto, and all passengers had to be evacuated.

Syamsul rate, the physical condition of Sri Hardono was good enough. "The evidence he can still contact the tower and the successful landing safely. He was very responsible with the passengers."

Having successfully landed safely, Sri Hardono condition worsened and later died. Branch Garuda Airlines Pontianak Gomar Benny suggests, Sri Hardono had rushed to the Air Force Hospital. "Setelah di sana, dia tidak bernyawa lagi. Kemudian dilarikan ke rumah duka Rumah Sakit Antonius,u201D tutur Benny. "Once there, he's not dead anymore. Then rushed to the funeral home Antonius Hospital," said Benny.

After a few moments in Pontianak, the aircraft with flight number GA 501 was flown back to Jakarta. However, because the pilot ill when in the air.

As a result of this incident, dempat Supadio Airport blocked about 40 minutes and some flights had to be postponed a few hours. In addition to Garuda, the airline delayed the flight go round basin, Pelita, and Kalstar. GA 501 passengers finally flown the same plane to Jakarta by the replacement pilot, Captain Yudi Fajari, and co-pilot Aditya Adiyanto, at 3.00 pm.


Revision history:

24-Aug-2009 01:01 Alfan Added
24-Aug-2009 01:01 harro Updated
02-Sep-2009 00:47 Alfan Updated
23-Sep-2009 09:35 Anon. Updated

Corrections or additions? ... Edit this accident description